Positive Side of Facebook: You can keep up with friends, find fun things to do and meet new people.
Negative Side of Facebook: Your next employer will read your timeline.
Facebook has become part of your personal and work life. Most people don’t think much about the work part. Facebook (and other social media) can be very helpful when the time comes to get a job. Your Facebook profile can show employers positive things you do:
- If you volunteer, post pictures of you in action.
- If you do in charity work, post about it.
- If you support your church or school, share about it.
- Make sure you complete your profile and include past work and military service
There a few things you should avoid:
- Avoid posting negative content that can potentially harm your professional career or potential future.
- Delete photos and posts that you wouldn’t want your next employer to see before they interview you.